– 1 pack rapid instant rise yeast
– ¼ cup light butter
– ¾ cup unflavored whey
– 1 cup all purpose flour
– salt to taste
*Note: When baking with protein powder, it's recommend to steer clear of from pure isolate powder as that does not bake well (turns recipes to a cardboard texture). Whey/Casein blends usually work best for baking.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a mixing bowl, melt butter in microwave until softened.
3. Melt butter in large mixing bowl, then add all other ingredients except salt.
4. Mix thoroughly until dough is formed; you may need to add a little water to get a dough consistency.
5. Knead dough for 2 minutes, then break apart into 4 separate pieces of dough.
6. Roll out dough between your hands to form long strands, then twist into pretzel shape.
7. Spray pretzels with 0 calorie butter spray or non-stick cooking spray, then sprinkle with salt or other seasonings of choice.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.